National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
• Has responsibility for enterprise-wide data design, balancing optimization of data access with batch loading and resource utilization factors.
• Designs and constructs data architectures, operational data stores, and data marts.
• Provides expertise and standards for enterprise-wide data modeling and database design.
• Defines data architecture standards, policies and procedures for the organization, structure, attributes, and nomenclature of data elements, and applies accepted data content standards to technology projects. Ensures adherence to company data architectural guidelines, principles, and standards in all project milestones and deliverables.
• Has responsibility for business analysis, data acquisition, and access analysis and design, Database Management Systems optimization, recovery strategy, and load strategy design and implementation.
• Works on multiple projects to assist project teams regarding data mapping and data modeling. Facilitates information gathering sessions and provides data analysis services.
• Researches, evaluates, and recommends new technologies and techniques to more effectively monitor and manage data.
• Performs dimensional modeling for data warehousing.
• Works with various customers and prospects, understands and translates business use cases and/or requirements into data models, analytics reports, and scenario models.
• Exhibits specialized business knowledge and leverages strong customer relationships.
• Leads the work of others (trains, mentors, delegates, prioritizes and reviews assignments).
• May have responsibility for performance and coaching of staff and may have a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance
Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study:
Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline.
5 to 8 years of related experience.
Scope of Job: